Lasagna Soup Recipe is a delicious and comforting soup that has all the flavors of a hearty lasagna. It’s loaded with beef, tomatoes, and Italian herbs and the melty cheese just takes it over the top. There are many recipes available online for lasagna soup. Lasagna Soup Recipe is a hearty and comforting dish that has all the flavors of a classic lasagna but in a soup form. It’s easy to make and perfect for a cozy winter meal. In this blog post, I’ll show you how to make a creamy and Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe with simple ingredients and steps.
What is Lasagna Soup?
Lasagna soup is a rich and flavorful tomato-based broth that contains ground beef, onion, garlic, herbs, cheese, and noodles. It’s served with a generous mound of creamy ricotta cheese that melts into your spoonful. Lasagna soup is so satisfying as a soup and a great way to use up leftover lasagna noodles.
How to Make a Creamy and Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Lasagna Soup
To make this lasagna soup recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Lean ground beef
- Yellow onion
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Canned diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste
- Dried herbs – basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Cheeses – mozzarella, parmesan, ricotta
- Dried lasagna noodles (campanile or bow-ties work great too)
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Lasagna Soup
To make this lasagna soup recipe, follow these easy steps:
Cook the Noodles: Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the broken up noodles until al dente or firm to the bite. Drain and toss them with some oil to prevent sticking.
Cook the Beef: In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat some oil and add the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned. Drain the fat and set the beef aside.
Cook the Onion and Garlic: In the same pot over medium heat, heat some more oil and add the onion. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
Make the Broth: Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and dried herbs to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Finish the Soup: Add the cooked beef, noodles, half and half, parmesan cheese, and fresh basil to the pot. Stir well and simmer for another 5 minutes, until everything is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Serve: Ladle the soup into bowls and top with a dollop of ricotta cheese and more fresh basil if desired. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations for Lasagna Soup
Here are some tips and variations for making this lasagna soup recipe:
- You can use any type of Ground Meat you like, such as Turkey, Chicken, or Pork.
- You can use fresh or Frozen Spinach instead of parsley for some extra greens.
- You can use your favorite type of cheese instead of Ricotta, such as cottage cheese or cream cheese.
- You can add some red pepper flakes for some spice if you like.
- You can store the leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat on the stove or in the microwave before serving.
If you are looking for a cozy and delicious meal, try this Creamy and Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe. It has all the flavors of a classic lasagna but in a soup form. You’ll love the rich tomato broth, the cheesy noodles, and the creamy ricotta topping.
This lasagna soup recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a family gathering. Try it today and let me know what you think!